February 16, 2023
Shopify will power more than $200B in gross merchandise volume on its site this year, making it the largest and most direct read we have on the health of the direct-to-consumer market.
We analyzed its 4Q22 results from last night to see what we could learn about…
- eCommerce health
- Consumer demand and outlook
- Shopify’s response to Buy with Prime (BwP)
- The impact and response to ATT on DTC brands
- Tough eCommerce comps, but still positive
- Softer consumer translating to cautious merchants
- Buy with Prime creating urgency
- Cost to serve increasing, but tradeoffs matter
Let’s Dive In…
The full version of this article is only available to Stratably+ subscribers. Click here to subscribe today and gain access to this premium content.